again in Cantwell. Justin and our awesome friend, Robbie, drove a trailer load and two vehicles up the Alcan and then I flew up with the kids.
The house winterized nicely over the past two winters and we are starting to fill it back up with our belongings once again. I'm reminded of how lucky we are to have running water and the joys of hot water each time I cart the kids and myself down to the local RV park to pay to shower with hot water. Hoping soon that we have the parts to fix the hot water heater and until then, will continue to remind myself that I'm glad we at least have cold water at the house and a stove to boil water to cleanup.
Jaydyn is participating in a day camp this week and gets to spend her days in Denali National Park. How cool is that!!! As part of the camp, she is staying overnight at the Savage Campground tonight. I will be excited to hear about her adventures tomorrow.
JT just celebrated his second birthday. Hard to believe that he's already two and forming his own opinions. We enjoyed sharing a large plate of seafood nachos in which Justin and I look forward to the BaseCamp Restaurant to open each tourist season in the Canyon, then off to dinner at the HotDog House where we ate one of JT's favorites, hotdogs and corndogs. Finally then to the icecream shop for birthday cake icecream.
Justin has been guiding fishermen already and is enjoying his seasonal job. I officially start work on July 1 and ready to rock and roll for returning to the district. There are fires to the north and south of us and we have been doing the rain dance often in hopes that we get any drop or downpour of water to help suppress those fires. Each day we have enjoyed watching a cow moose and her twin calves near our house. JT is still looking anxiously to see a caribou.
Enjoy the remainder of the week and I look forward to keeping you all updated about the continuation of our Alaska adventures.
Until next time, get outside and enjoy life with family and friends.
Jeni (and the rest of the 4 J Mason crew)



No comments:
Post a Comment